Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Fun

I wanted to share some of our weekend fun. We are usually so busy, that sometimes we forget to stop and just enjoy life and time with each other.

Both Jackson and Katie had sleepovers on Friday(this is pretty normal at our house). However, we made plans for their friends to get picked up by noon(this is not the norm at our house. which is usually ok, but we had things to do!) We had a quick lunch and then we were out the door.

We took a scenic drive to the mountains, and spent the afternoon walking around the little town at the foot of the mountain. We went into some really cute shops, of course hit the general store, hopped from rock to rock along the creek behind the shops, went gem mining, and stopped for some coffee and hot chocolate. The weather was absolutely perfect, crisp but not too cold.

It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life and reconnect as a family. We laughed, walked arm in arm, took pictures, and just enjoyed each other's company!

Prepare yourself from image overload!




















So I can't say that I loved this weekend for the turning the clocks back(I want my extra hour of light in the evenings back). But I can say that I had a wonderful time with my family and so much fun just goofing off and being silly.
What did you do this weekend?

P.S. Isn't the picture of Jack and his daddy, just the sweetest thing? I may have to get that framed!

No comments:

Post a Comment