Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween


I can't believe Halloween has come and gone! Halloween also happens to be my birthday (boo hoo, another year older), so we try to sneak in a little cake (kind of overkill with all the trick or treating loot) and dinner. Last night was especially crazy because my daughter had basketball tryouts from 3:30 to 5:00.

Tom was a dear and picked Katie up because he wanted to make a quick pit stop at the store (little did I know he was picking up a package of over 50 candles to cover my cake with. He's so sweet). However, there was an accident on the already bogged down, 5:00 traffic filled road to our house.

So my sweet husband pulled up to the house, after an hour in traffic, in a really good mood (note the sarcasm) at 6:30. The kids rushed to scarf down some food and get into their costumes and we hightailed it to get some trick or treating done. So, no birthday dinner, but we had a lot of fun together as the kids went from house to house to house to house (yes this went on for what seemed like forever).

They came back with a big bag of candy each. Yay, super hyper kids for me! After we unwound a little, Tom and his little sidekicks proceeded to light the cake up so much that they couldn't even carry it over to me. In fact, Tom didn't even want to finish singing Happy Birthday because the cake was threatening to go up in flames (along with our kitchen possibly). I was sure to thank them for making me feel old, something every mom wants for her birthday. They were all too happy that they could make my day.

My son did make me a card all on his own. Inside it said :
Dear Mom, I love you so much. You make me and Katie dinner. I hope you have a great day. You make everything in my life better (I got a little teary eyed at that!). Happy Birthday and Halloween. Love, Jack
Such sweetness from my little guy (and it proves that my kids do notice some of the things I do). I am one lucky mom!

Just in case you were wondering what the kids were for Halloween.




No comments:

Post a Comment