Sunday, November 6, 2011

I love Sundays!

We're enjoying a bit of a lazy late afternoon here at Our Backyard. We had a really nice weekend, enjoying the Fall weather and colors. More about that later.

We've been doing some work on one of our projects(I promise to give some details soon), but now we are just hanging out on the couch watching some football(Go Giants!!).

I did make some pumpkin bread today. It was my first time, and it turned out really well. My kids love my Banana bread, so I was hoping they would enjoy some pumpkin bread too, and they did!

I may or may not have mentioned that I am not a baker, nor a chef, but I do enjoy cooking and I am always up to try a new recipe. Basically if I can make this bread anyone can!

Here is the recipe:

  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, lightly bean
  • 16 ounces canned unsweetened pumpkin
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon cloves
  • 2/3 cup water

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9 by 5 loaf pans. Stir together sugar and oil. Stir in eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients and water into wet mixture, alternating. Divide batter between two loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool.





It turned out nice and moist and it was so good with a bit of butter and hot coffee, especially on this crisp Fall day.

Oh and just in case you were interested in the other things that I find when I download my pictures. Here is an example.


I wasn't aware that this was something that 9 year olds did. I thought this was more along the lines of a toddler that gets a hold of the camera. Apparently this is fun for any age. It was good for a chuckle at least.

I will be posting some of our weekend fun tomorrow, and hopefully details on the project we are working on!



No comments:

Post a Comment